Friday 20 August 2010

It looks brilliant!

Sorry I haven't been adding comments recently. I've been busy tackling tiling and various other tasks. I had a jolly time trying to cut tiles to fit around the sockets above the kitchen worksurface. (Some silly person thought that lots of sockets was a good idea!) I managed it in the end, although I lost the whole of last weekend in the process! Since then I have been doing the grouting. It's a really nerve racking job, as you make a terrible mess over all the tiles you have so carefully put up, then get worried that the grout will set before you have a chance to clean up the tiles and neaten the joints. I'm about half way through. I have decided to tackle it in smaller sections in future, so I have more time to fiddle around before the grout sets.
The house is looking wonderful! I have to keep reminding myself that it is the same house we bought, as the change is so dramatic. The carpets make it look like a home and the kitchen is amazing (albeit slightly grouty in places!)
Andy is happy, as the final bill from the builder is about what he thought and we are not bankrupt- yet! :-)
There is a lot to do before we move in on the 1st September, but the wheels are in motion.
The immediate jobs are:
  • Finish getting the surplus fluff off the carpets, without killing off our vacuum cleaner
  • Finish the grouting in the kitchen (Sue)
  • Sort out the change of addresses, removals, storage container, purchase of freezer, change to Broadband and TV (Andy- He is a star!)
  • Put up some curtain rails- only 4 bay windows and 9 others- shouldn't take long!
  • REPACK EVERYTHING! Gulp!

It doesn't matter though. The end is in sight and I am so looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment