Monday 12 July 2010

Forgot to tell you about the tiles!

At the end of last week, I went into the kitchen place (which is also the tile and bathroom place) to choose a work surface. In line with my previous comments about indecision, I hummed and hahed about work surface patterns and colours, especially as I had already decided on the tiles I wanted on a previous visit.
In the end, I asked Kerry, the sales woman to help me decide. She asked which tiles I had decided on and when she saw what I had picked said, "Have you seen these tiles? They are hand made tiles on special offer, as the company who made them have gone bust." The tiles were beautifully unidentical and looked really expensive. They were also on offer at about £6.80 a square metre (£5 per box instead of the previous price of £50!) The cheapest ones we had picked out previously were about £15 a square metre!
As a result, we are having the hand made tiles in both bathrooms and in the kitchen too, in different colour combinations. I am very pleased with my bargain. Some of Andy's bargain finding skills must be rubbing off on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment