Tuesday 27 July 2010

The saga of the gas meter


Two weeks ago I phoned British Gas asking for a new meter, due to the poor condition of the old one. I was told that they couldn't authorise a new meter and that meters get changed by a separate company, who know when your meter's time is up. (Or words to that effect!)
A week ago, the builder asked me to ring to get British Gas to reconnect the meter, because the pipes were detached. They didn't have a "button" for that, so the lady said, "I've put you down for a meter exchange. The engineer will be with you next week."
I do wonder if I am inadvertently talking Welsh to British Gas staff. It would account for the communications blackout that seems to exist between me and them!
Anyway, this is our new meter!
I am still amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment