Tuesday 20 July 2010

Showroom blues

We went back! How could we summon the energy after our mammoth carpet showroom visit yesterday? It was worth it though, as we managed to save £400 by rethinking the vinyl in the dining room, back hall and kitchen. You can all guess how thrilled I am that they are all going to have exactly the same.
Actually, I am sure that it will look really nice. It just doesn't suit my non-conformist (non neutral) tendencies. The vinyl is a medium wood planking effect, so it will look slightly oldy worldy to go with the age of the house. As Andy points out, it won't show the dirt as much either!
I had a very revolutionary thought today. I think that we will take our shoes off when we come into the house, once we move in. I know that many of you have been doing it for years, but we are pretty uncouth, on the whole. However, we will have a large coat cupboard opposite the door, with space for a shoe rack and a slipper rack. We will also have all new carpets and vinyl, which is quite an incentive. My main reason for telling people to keep their shoes on has been my strong dislike for a massive pile of shoes just inside the door. If we have space to store them away, it could work! I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment