Wednesday 19 May 2010

Chalking the walls

This evening I went around to the house with some chalk, a tape measure and the kitchen plan. As the electrician is coming tomorrow (we think), I decided to go around the house drawing socket symbols on the walls in chalk and scrawling messages to the electrician. I do hope he is fluent in hieroglyphics!
I am quite excited about the new kitchen. We are going to have a range style oven with fan electric ovens and a gas hob, in cream and a cream, shaker style kitchen. It's funny how everything seems to be shaker style these days. I am sure I had never heard the term until a few years ago. I have found a picture from the catalogue, which I will upload in a minute or two. I really liked the dresser style cabinets, but once the lady had done her electronic picture, I realised that I would lose too much work surface, so I have sadly changed two dresser units for two normal size glass fronted cupboards. It is cheaper anyway! I guess I was quite spoiled for work surface at Forge House and don't want to give it up! You never know, we might have parties!
I have acquired another little dream for the house. The first was having a real Christmas tree in the bay window this year and looking all festive. The second is sitting having breakfast with Andy in our new kitchen looking out on a sunny courtyard. I guess I am easily pleased really! I'd rather have those two than a large diamond ring.
Another thing we did today was to measure the windows. Sadly, only a few of our curtains will fit it seems. The windows at the back of the house are smaller and some of the curtains would fit, but what is the point of cutting out the light by putting curtains in the kitchen or hall, when no-one could possible overlook it! The windows at the front are huge. Do you think patchwork would be a good look?

No comments:

Post a Comment