Thursday 20 May 2010

Day 16- Decorators!

Today the decorators arrived to start painting the outside of the house, and it was a great day for it- warm and sunny for most of the time. Haddef now has a bright, clean white gable end and is looking much better at the front too!
Early on in the project, Andy and I were thinking that internal decoration should be white all over,both for ease, cost and to make everything look clean. As time has gone on, and I have started to imagine living there, I have felt that perhaps some rooms need a different colour on the walls. The decorator gave us a colour book and I have decided on colours for the dining room, kitchen and our bedroom. The names of the colours are: symphony, blonde and ellastone. There- now you know exactly what to expect, when you come to visit!!!
Tomorrow we are meeting the (elusive) electrician in the morning and hopefully also meeting the dehumidifier in the afternoon (machine rather than person!) The dehumidifier is still desperately needed, as when I peeled off some lining paper by the front door the wall underneath was soaking. It's a legacy from the rubbish guttering, I am afraid.
I am worried that the wetness of the walls is going to be a problem if the builders start putting plaster over the top, and then the decorators paint it. In my mind, the walls should be bone dry before you add anything to them. Of course that might take a bit of time! I think I will have to talk to Graham about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment